Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Summing It Up - My Five Best Photographs (so far...)

                           The best thing about this class for me was seeing everybody else's work. I learned from what I saw on these blogs and it was really interesting to see the different ways that we interpreted the assignments. It taught me that what makes a photograph really captivating is whether or not it captures the vision of the photographer. It's useful to have all the tools at your disposal, like the guidelines for good composition and the rule of thirds, and to know how to use them. But the thing that makes a photograph really catch and hold attention is the way it shares a vision of a particular time or place or emotion.

                          I'm going to keep using what I learned this semester to try to make that kind of photograph. I don't know if I am anywhere near accomplishing it, since feedback has been limited. We have not done a great job of commenting on each other's work. But I still learned from seeing the photographs everyone made, and the blog posts were really helpful too.

                         So, here are five photographs I am most proud of. Some I like because they are well composed, or make good use of the rule of thirds, or played around with the aperture to get a particular effect.















No comments:

Post a Comment